ALOO GOBI RECIPE
ALOO GOBI RECIPE / POTATO CAULIFLOWER CURRY RECIPE (#LC14031) : Aloo Gobi is a one pot vegan dish that is cooked with spices. Delicious and tastes best with Indian bread or fresh steamed rice.
Red Chili Powder
Garam masala powder
How to make aloo gobi recipe?
1. Prepare the ingredients. Peel & cut the potatoes in to small-medium sized cubes and the cauliflower florets of about the same size so they both cook together evenly.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in the thick bottomed pan. Using a thick bottomed pan ensures the vegetable cooks fully on slow flame and does not burn at the bottom.
3. Add onion seeds, ginger, green chillies and saute.
4. Add the cauliflower florets, potato pieces & stir.
5. Add turmeric powder and mix well.
6. Cover and cook on low heat stirring every now and then.
7. Once about 8-10 minutes has passed, add coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, add salt and little water. Stir carefully ( if over stirred the florets will break into tiny pieces.) and cover again. Once the vegetables become soft and tender, it is cooked.
8. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander & ginger julienne.
Cooking pot - Shallow with lid