Calazone Recipe (#LC14092) : A calzone is an Italian filled oven bread, originating in Naples, and shaped as a folded pizza. It resembles a half-moon and is made of salted bread dough. Calzone dough for the bread machine gets rolled out and stuffed with pizza sauce, sausage and cheese.
All Purpose flour
Fresh Basil leaves
How to make calazone recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Mix all ingredients and knead to a soft dough.
3. Cover with cling film and rest for around 40 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a pan & add finely chopped garlic.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes.
6. Cook to get a thick consistency.
7. Preheat oven 250°C / 485°F.
8. After 40 mins resting time, knock back the dough using your fist & remove the air.
9. Knead the dough on a floured surface.
10. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
11. Roll out the dough to a disc.
12. Fill the dough with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, cut sausage, basil leaves and jalapeno. Apply egg wash on edges.
13. Fold it in half-moon & seal. Apply egg wash on top surface.
14. Bake at 250°C / 485°F in a preheated oven for 10 -12 mins.
15. Serve hot.
Italian RecipesInternational RecipesArabic Recipes