LUQAIMAT WITH SALTED CARAMEL
Luqaimat: Sweet from the Arabian region made of Dumplings & topped with salted caramel as our twist.
All Purpose flour
How to make luqaimat with salted caramel recipe?
1. Set Ingredients as per serving.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients.
3. Add yogurt & warm milk slowly as you mix. You can add a little extra milk if the batter is too thick. You can give it a good mix to form a dough. Once mixed well, cover the bowl with a damp cloth. Leave to rest for 2 to 3 hours.
4. When ready to fry, give the dough a good mix again. Heat oil in a deep pot. Make small balls and deep fry luqaimat till golden brown. Remove and arrange on a serving platter.
5. Put a medium non stick pan over high heat. Pour in the water. Carefully pour in the sugar and bring to a boil. Cook for 3 to 4 mins or until sugar starts to turn golden brown.
6. Mix in the vanilla extract. Pour in the cream carefully. Give it a good stir and whisk in the butter. Mix well till everything is incorporated well.
7. Drizzle some warm salted caramel syrup over it & garnish with Nezo 06 Gourmet Salt Flakes. Ready to serve.
Cooking Pot - Kadai