Scones Recipe (#LC14083) : Scones is a type of quick bread and the easiest tea time snack. Scones are made of wheat with baking powder and baked on lined baking sheets or baking pans and usually slightly sweet.
All Purpose flour
How to make scones recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Pre heat oven to 190°C.
3. Take a mixing bowl and sift together the all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. Add unsalted butter and rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips.
5. In another bowl, whisk the milk, egg and vanilla extract.
6. Add this liquid ingredients to the butter & flour mixture and mix fully to make a soft dough. Do not over mix the dough.
7. On a rolling board or surface apply some flour and knead a couple of times and roll out to a 2 cm thick sheet.
8. Cut the dough into scones of the shape you wish using a cutter or knife. Tip: for ease in cutting lightly flour the cutter.
9. On a prepared baking tray place the cut dough with enough space to expand while cooking. Using a basting brush, apply beaten egg (egg wash) on the scones. Milk can also be used as an option instead of egg.
10. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 190°C / 374°F and the top will brown nicely.
11. Ensure it is cooked in the centre by putting a tooth pick in the middle, which should come out clean. Remove from the oven and let it cool by placing on a wire rack.
12. Sprinkle with icing sugar if you like and serve with cream and jam.
Cutter - Round
International RecipesArabic Recipes